ALPITEC CHINA: EXPORTING TRADITION
South Tyrol is one of the few places in the world where winter technologies have the ideal conditions to grow and develop. Creativity and innovation are the key factors that led the region to become one of the most important winter sports tourism destinations worldwide. In fact, any global players and world market leaders in the production of winter technologies are proud to be calling South Tyrol their home.
The numbers of the South Tyrolean winter industry speak a clear language:
- 45 ski resorts (you've got to admit - given that South Tyrol has only a little over 7.000 sq km, that is a pretty large number)
- 1.180 km slopes, over 90% of which are equipped with artificial snow making systems
- 400 ropeways and lifts, which are able to carry half a million people in one hour
- 2.3 million winter tourists with more than 11 million overnight stays a year
- 62 ski schools and 2.200 ski instructors, which makes up for 0,05% of the entire South Tyrolean population